With a razor-sharp, burly 1/8-inch (3.2 mm) thick carbon steel blade treated with a tungsten DLC anti-corrosive black coating, the Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Black Knife will be one of the strongest and most dependable knives you will own. Morakniv knives made from high carbon steel achieve high hardness, sharpen easily and are exceptionally tough. High carbon steels are preferred in applications that demand durability and frequent regrinding. The material is harder than stainless steel, allowing it to take a sharper edge. The blade is annealed to 56-58 HRC to better withstand stress on the blade when batoning. The edge angle is therefore slightly greater (approximately 27 degrees) to better withstand rough treatment. The Scandi grind prevents the knife from slipping off easily and bites into surfaces without getting stuck and the 4.3-inch (109 mm) long blade is easy to carve with. The spine of the blade is ridge-ground so that it can be used with a fire starter (not included). The ergonomic handle features a high-friction rubber grip that provides the feeling of control. The included plastic sheath secures the knife in place and features a belt loop to keep it at your side. Net weight (including sheath) 5.7 oz. (162 g). To deter corrosion, clean and wipe carbon blades dry and oil the blade after each use. Limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty. Made in Sweden.
- Fixed-blade knife with a razor sharp 1/8 inch (3.2 mm) thick carbon steel blade with tungsten DLC anti-corrosive black coating
- Blade length: 4.3 inches (109 mm); Blade thickness: 0.125 inch (3.2 mm); Total length: 9.1 inches (232 mm); Weight w/sheath: 5.7 oz. (162 g)
- Spine of the blade is ground especially for use with a fire starter (not included)
- Ergonomic handle with high-friction rubber grip gives the feeling of control, making work easier, as if the knife were an extension of your hand
- Black plastic sheath with belt loop keeps knife securely at your side; 1-year manufacturer's warranty